Benefits of Joining the Safe States Alliance
Who We Are
The Safe States Alliance is a national non-profit 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to strengthen the practice of injury and violence prevention. Join us today and become a member of a growing community of professionals dedicated to preventing injuries and violence!
Safe States Alliance is composed of hundreds of injury and violence prevention professionals and students from across the country. Membership is open to all individuals that have an interest in injury and violence prevention.
Safe States members work in a variety of public health settings, including federal, state, and local government agencies; hospitals; non-profit organizations; and colleges and universities. Members specialize in a variety of areas, including program coordination, management, data analysis, and public policy.
With a Safe States membership you can:
- ACCESS the latest IVP practice NEWS and information through INsight, our monthly member e-newsletter, advocacy alerts, Twitter and LinkedIn
- NETWORK with COLLEAGUES across the country through annual conferences and committees
- Participate in PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT trainings, programs, and activities throughout the year at no charge to you or your organization
- Download free PUBLICATIONS describing the latest recommendations and findings in injury and violence prevention practice
- Join SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS (SIGs) and COMMUNITIES of practice specializing in specific injury and violence prevention topics
- Access CUSTOMIZABLE media TOOLS (e.g. fact sheets, public service announcements, press releases, etc.) which can be tailored for all target audiences
- Help develop and ADVOCATE for national, state, and local-level IVP policies and appropriations
- Participate in unique LEADERSHIP and volunteer opportunities to hone your skills and strengthen the field of IVP
- Receive MEMBER DISCOUNTS on registration for annual meetings